Thursday, August 5, 2010

Challenge 7 - Fresh Figs



I had a great time off. Everyone needs it once in a while. I am so grateful to all of you for being there and continuing to help each other at PADT. Thank you for all great paintings and wonderful comments. Looking at how well you handled the last painting challenge I almost started to believe that “Baby Duck” was too simple subject to paint. However, I promised a simpler still life and here it is.

About the photo reference

Fresh figs ... simple subject isn’t it. I am sure artists and their creativity can make it quite complex. Here I wanted to “catch” first morning light and see what kind of difference it makes. Clearly it is a very cool light with easily distinguishable blue undertone. Warm wooden base and warm shadows provide a visual interest and needed contrast so that all blends into a unique “visual harmony”.

Please send photo of your painting the latest by August 28. The next painting reference will be posted on Sunday August 29.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Colorful and challenging both. Welcome back and thanks for this lovely still life!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Oooooooh! What color - I can't wait!!!!!!

Angela Sullivan said...

Beautiful composition. I love it.

Millie said...

I just discovered your blog and I feel like I'm on cloud 9. I love to paint. But due to my busy life style, very often I have to be motivated to really do it. Your challenges are really what I need, I'm so happy *jumps up and down*