- Artist: Shirley Bond
- Size: 8inches x 6inches
- Medium & Support: watercolor on 300 watercolor paper
- Artist Blog: http://only700.blogspot.
- Artist Website:
- Painting Technique : I sketched the outline of the lily and then filled in the background but found trying to get the shimmer of the water very difficult.
- I also found trying to get a bright color tone difficult for the lily- it was either too pink or too red.
- This looked like an easy study but it was not.
Monday, October 28, 2013
- Artist: Renate Arends
- Size: 34 x 24 cm.
- Medium & Support: Watercolor on Yupo.
- Artist Website:
- Painting Process: I started with the water lily and the reflections. Then I painted the water. I thought it would be easy but it was so difficult. In particular the water took me quite a long time. Because of the Yupo the colors ran into each other whereby the shade didn't come out well. It was a very good exercise!
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
Thursday, October 17, 2013
- "Mes nymphéas"
- watercolor on Canson Montval, 300g, grain fin
- 21 x 27 cm
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Monday, October 14, 2013
Artist: Nelvia McGrath
Medium: Pastel on sanded Paper
Artist Blog: http://
Painting technique: Wanted to loosen up so used sanded paper and alcohol to smudge the underpainting and then added final layer
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
I must share with you how delighted my cousin Oki was with such a variety of styles and artistic expressions we all witnessed in the last challenge. Many of you shared how difficult it was and I applaud to all of you who participated. What is the most important is to advance your skills and keep observing, painting and practicing.
About the composition
This time I have chosen a subject related to painting water and reflections. While looking at it, it is hard not to think of Claude Monet's garden in France and his famous water lilies.
I hope you will enjoy painting this water study.
Please send your entries by November 09. The next challenge will be posted on November 10.
Posted by Lela Stankovic at 11:00 PM